Madagascar off-the-beaten track
Masoala and Tsingy de BemarahaComposed of equatorial primary rainforest and three marine reserves, the Masoala region is the largest protected area of Madagascar. It is one of the top five hotspots for biodiversity in the world. You will continue the rainforest expedition inside Andasibe called Périnet to explore its unique species. After a rich journey of exploration around these wet rainforest and jungle, you will head to the opposite side of the Island. The dry deciduous area, land of the legendary huge Baobabs trees. You will reach the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park through a sandy track and savannah. Another glimpse of wonders of the Madagascar’s nature.
- The primary forest and biodiversity of Masoala National Park
- The rainforest and wildlife of Andasibe Mantadia
- Landscapes of the East, north-east and the western Madagascar
- The biodiversity of the world heritage of Tsingy de Bemaraha Nationao Park
- The Baobab avenue and forest in Morondava
- The typical dry deciduous forest of the west of Madagascar
- The seascape of Masoala marine reserve
- Vanilla plantations in Maroantsetra
- Lemurs, birds, reptiles and plants.
Drive eastwards to Andasibe throughout the eastern slopes.
En route, visit the reserve of Peyrieras at Mandraka.
In Andasibe, visit of VOIMMA nature reserve managed by the local community.
Fly to Maroantsetra
Visit of the town of Maroantsetra and its vanilla workshops.
Note: most boat transfers to Masoala are done only in early morning due to the state of the wind.
Fly to Morondava.
Drive to Kirindy Reserve – through the Baobab Avenue.
Night walk at Kirindy.
Morning hike at Kirindy reserve and drive northwards to the Tsingy.
Visit of caves of stalagmite-stalactite along the Manambolo River.
Drive back to Belo and to Morondava.
Sun-downing at the Baobab Avenue.
City tour in Morondava. Visit of the local market. Fly back to Antananarivo.
City tour in Antananarivo/.
Tour code: #OBT4AC
Departure: Any day
Ease of access: medium
Period: April to November
- Domestic flights
Accommodation: Hotels, Lodges
City of departure: Tana