Madagascar off-the-beaten track 15 days
Masoala and Tsingy de BemarahaComposed of equatorial primary rainforest and three marine reserves, the Masoala region is the largest protected area of Madagascar. It is one of the top five hotspots for biodiversity in the world. You will continue the rainforest expedition inside Andasibe called Périnet to explore its unique species. After a rich journey of exploration around these wet rainforest and jungle, you will head to the opposite side of the Island. The dry deciduous area, land of the legendary huge Baobabs trees. You will reach the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park through a sandy track and savannah. Another glimpse of wonders of the Madagascar’s nature.
- The primary forest and biodiversity of Masoala National Park
- The rainforest and wildlife of Andasibe Mantadia
- Landscapes of the East, north-east and the western Madagascar
- The biodiversity of the world heritage of Tsingy de Bemaraha Nationao Park
- The Baobab avenue and forest in Morondava
- The typical dry deciduous forest of the west of Madagascar
- The seascape of Masoala marine reserve
- Vanilla plantations in Maroantsetra
- Lemurs, birds, reptiles and plants.
- Wildlife viewing
- Botanical exploration
- Birdwatching [optional]
- Possibility of Whale-watching in June-July
- Night walks
- Visits of villages
- Visit of workshops
- Andasibe / Mantadia
- Tsingy de Bemaraha
Drive eastwards to Andasibe throughout the eastern slopes.
En route, visit the reserve of Peyrieras at Mandraka.
In Andasibe, visit of VOIMMA nature reserve managed by the local community.
Fly to Maroantsetra
Visit of the town of Maroantsetra and its vanilla workshops.
Note: most boat transfers to Masoala are done only in early morning due to the state of the wind.
Full day northwards to the Tsingy.
Fly back to Antananarivo.
City tour in Antananarivo, if time allows.
Tour code: #OBT4AC
Departure: Any day
Ease of access: medium
Period: the whole year round
- Domestic flights
Accommodation: Hotels, Lodges
City of departure: Tana