The Combo East-Overland Great South 15 days / 14 nights
More than the RN7.This is a fantastic discovery journey from the mountainous central Highlands with its red lateritic soil and terraced rice fields to the rainforest of the Eastern slope, then to the semi-arid savannah and the canyons of the south and which ends in idyllic and wild beaches. You will be visiting national parks and reserves to admire the unique fauna and flora of Madagascar. Through this tour, you will meet several ethnic groups and get to know their cultures: the Merina’s, the Betsileo’s, the Zafimaniry, the Vezo’s, the Bara’s and the Mahafaly’s. This tour also gives the opportunity to observe several species of lemurs quite easily. The Mozambique Channel is warm and almost sunny the whole year round. Beaches are most protected by coral reefs and actually safe for snorkeling and diving. At the last stage of the trip, you will discover the Spiny forest of Ifaty know for its Baobab trees, endemic birds, turtles amongst other endemic plants . Nearby Ifaty and away from the crowded areas with its pristine water and white sand beaches.
- Endemic wildlife and biodiversity of Andasibe and Ranomafana rainforest.
- The great sceneries of the east, highlands and the southern Madagascar
- The handicrafts and mineral workshops in Antsirabe and Ambositra
- The rice fields in terrace of the Highlands
- The breathtaking landscapes of Isalo
- The Baobabs of the south amongst other typical vegetations
- The spiny forest of the southern regions
- The typical villages of different tribes
- The pristine beaches of Ifaty
- Wildlife safari
- Botanical exploration
- Nocturnal walks
- Cultural immersion
- Sea excursions
- Possibility of snorkeling
- Possibility of diving
- Sun bathing
- Antananarivo Andasibe [Périnet]
- Andasibe/Mantadia National Park
- Andasibe – Antsirabe
- Antsirabe – Ambositra – Ranomafana
- Ranomafana National Park
- Ranomafana – Fianarantsoa – Ambalavao
- Isalo National Park
- Isalo – Zombitse – Tulear – Ifaty
- Ifaty – Tulear – Antananarivo
Early morning visit of Analamazaotra National Park.
Head to Antsirabe.
Continue down south to Ranomafana.
Several sightseeing on the way including and handicraft workshops and villages.
Walking safari in the park to spot lemurs and other wildlife and plants.
Visit of the village of Ranomafana.
Visit of historical sites in Fianarantsoa.
Continue to Anja Reserve and hike in the reserve to spot the famous Ring-tailed lemurs.
Continue off-road to the valley of Tsaranoro.
Full day excursions and explorations of the western parts of Andringitra National Park and the valley of Tsaranoro.
Full day hike at Isalo National Park through and on the canyons.
Visit of the Zombitse National Park.
Sightseeing along the way.
Continue to coastal and small town of Ifaty.
Day at leisure at Ifaty.
Possibility of diving.
Day at leisure.
Day at leisure.
City tour in Tulear and visit of the market.
Fly back to Antananarivo.
City tour in the Capital.
End of the tour.
- Berenty Reserve for the dancing lemurs and other wildlife
- Anakao village and its beaches
- 2 days visit of Tsimanapetsotsa National Park – for its wildlife, birds and typical Baobab trees, lemurs and birds and the unspoilt pristine sea of Ambola.
- 3 days extended mountain trekking at Andringitra National Park for its Gondwana rock formation and outer world landscapes
- 5 days trekking at the Massif of Makay for trekking inside its lunar landscapes.
Tour code: #OGS41
- Domestic flights