The Perfumed North 11 days / 10 nights
This is a tour combining beach vacations and visits to three large and distinguished Madagascar biodiversity hotspots: Andasibe called Périnet, The Montagne d’Ambre National Park and the Tsingy of Ankarana. Then the tour will be followed by journeys in the vanilla and cocoa areas around Ambanja before reaching Nosy-Be, the perfumed Island. There, you will be visiting the lemur reserve of Nosy Komba and the marine park at Nosy Tanikely.
The Nosy Be archipelago has amongst the most paradisiac of the beaches of Madagascar. You will take advantage of the warm Indian ocean’ pristine water. Due to that, it is also one of the greatest place in Madagascar for scuba diving and sea activities.
- The biodiversity and wildlife of Rainforest at Andasibe National Park and at Montagne d’Ambre National Park
- Landscapes of the East and the North – including savannah, mountains and villages, as well as rice terraces
- Vanilla and cocoa plantations
- Life styles several tribes: the Merina, the Betsimisaraka, the Tsimihety and the Antakarana.
- Beaches and islands in Nosy Be archipelago
- Marine reserves in Nosy Be.
- Wildlife viewing incl. birdwatching
- Possibility of diving [optional]
- Possibility of kite surfing from May to November at Sakalava Bay [optional]
- Possibility of quad riding
- Andasibe / Mantadia
- Diego Suarez
- The three bays
- Mountain d’Ambre
- Tsingy Rouge (the Red Tsingy)
- Tsingy of Ankarana
- Nosy Be Island
- Nosy Komba Island
- Marine Reserve of Nosy Tanikely
- Off-the-beaten track
- Island hopping around the archipelagos of Nosy Be
- The Backbone Route
- The North Golden Triangle including Marojejy and Daraina
Fly to Diego Suarez.
Upon arrival, have some beach farniente at the lagoon of Sakalava Bay.
Visit the surrounding areas and spot baobab trees.
Depart to Montagne d’Ambre.
Hike in the rainforest and spot the wildlife, the green lake and the waterfalls.
Depart to the port of Ankify.
Visit of cocoa and vanilla plantations on the way.
Boat transfer to Nosy Be.
City tour and market visit in Nosy Be, famous for its spices.
Fly back to Antananarivo.
City tour and fly homewards.
Departure: Any day
Ease of access: easy
Period: the whole year round
- Domestic flight
City of departure: Tana