The Land of Baobabs
The Western Baobab Safari 15 days
This tour focuses on three areas of Madagascar: part of the Eastern slope, the central Highlands and the midwest. You shall also meet the two major tribes of Madagascar: the Betsimisaraka, the Merina and the Sakalava.
You will experience the rainforest forest and will discover its unique wildlife of Andasibe also called Périnet – before heading westwards for a 3-day river expedition in a local dugout pirogue throughout the forest and gorges along the Tsiribihina river. This western part is an open reserve of biodiversity. You shall then reach the Tsingy de Bemaraha, a world heritage by the UNESCO. After that you will head southwards to the Kirindy Reserve and the Baobab Avenue in Morondava through a red lateritic road and the savannah.
You will spend a leisurely relaxing time by the beach of Ankimony after such adventure inside the heart of Madagascar under the sun with an average temperature of 30° centigrade. In brief, you will simply experience all you have been dreaming about the real Madagascar.
You will spend some leisurely journey at Belo sur Mer by the sea located about 60km in the south of Morondava – a famous diving site.
- Lemurs and other wildlife of the rainforest at Andasibe/Mantadia.
- The biodiversity of the dry deciduous forest of Kirindy Reserve and Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park.
- Minerals and gemstones in Antsirabe
- The Malagasy handicrafts
- River trip on the Tsiribihina
- The wildlife and the landscapes along the river.
- The world heritage Tsingy de Bemaraha and the Baobab Avenue
- Baobab forests of the three main baobab species.
- Caving along the Manambolo River
- The landscapes of the East, Highlands and the Western regions of Madagascar
- Wildlife safari
- Meeting artisans
- Minerals and gemstones initiations
- Landscape viewing
- Easy climbing
- Easy caving
- 4WD raid
- Cultural encountering and immersion
- Malagasy cuisine tasting
- Tsiribihina River
- Belo sur Tsiribihina
- Tsingy de Bemaraha
- Kirindy Reserve
- Baobab Amoureux
- Baobab Avenue
- Belo sur Mer [optional]
- Tulear by coastline
- Reserved Combo Overland Great South
Hike at Analamazaotra National Park and visit of Lemurs’ Island.
Drive back to Antananarivo.
Tour code: #WBS03STA
Departure: Any day
Ease of access: medium
Period: April to November
- Domestic flights
Accommodation: Hotels, Lodges, tents
City of departure: Tana