The Jungle-Beach vacation 12 days / 11 nights
Where the rainforest meets the Ocean.
A trip combining an exploration of the Malagasy jungle and its wonderful beaches, either by the Mozambique Channel or the Indian Ocean side. This is a flexible and customizable trip.
You will start by a wildlife safari at the Andasibe-Périnet – a compulsory stage for all wildlife lovers. It is an exploratory journey inside this biodiversity hotspot. You will encounter several species of endemic animals including the largest of all lemurs called Indri.
Then, you will get deeper in into the equatorial primary rainforest and three marine reserves of the Masoala region. This is the largest protected area of Madagascar and one of the top five hotspots for biodiversity in the world. This rich but fragile marine and terrestrial ecosystem is worth a real exploration.
Masoala National Park is almost the heart of the Malagasy rainforest and classified a world heritage by the UNESCO.
One should also know that Masoala itself has an extraordinary beach at the Marine Reserve of Tampolo. A real unspoilt and turquoise sea surrounded by the forest at the back side and the corral reefs at the front side. One can easily spend days in the quiet part of the world.
One can chose either to stay at Masoala or head to the west-coast of Madagascar – where it is drier and warmer like following destinations:
- Nosy Be Island – by the Mozambique Channel
- Sainte Marie Island – by the Indian Ocean
- Anjajavy Island – by the Mozambique Channel
- Nosy Saba Island – by the Mozambique Channel
- The deep and primary rainforest of Masoala National Park and its biodiversity: lemurs, birds, reptiles and more – and its marine reserve.
- The primary forest and biodiversity of Andasibe/Mantadia National Park
- The dry and dense deciduous rainforest of the western coast
- The landscapes of the highlands and the east slope
- The seascapes of Nosy Be/Sainte Marie and/or Anjajavy
- The cultural interaction with the Merina, Betsimisaraka and Antakarana tribes
- The spices plantations of Nosy Be
- Whale-watching in Sainte Marie, if chosen
- Whale-shark watching in Nosy Be, if chosen
- The marine Reserve of Nosy Be / Sainte Marie and/or Anjanjavy.
- Wildlife safari
- Botanical exploration
- Nocturnal walks
- Cultural immersion
- Possibility of diving
- Nosy Be or Sainte Marie or Anjajavy
Arrival in Antananarivo.
You will be met at the airport. Transfer to the airport and briefing.
Drive eastwards to Andasibe throughout the eastern slopes.
En route, visit the reserve of Peyrieras at Mandraka.
In Andasibe, visit of VOIMMA nature reserve managed by the local community.
Hike at Mantadia Reserve – a primary rainforest.
Hike at Analamazaotra National Park and visit of Lemurs’ Island.
Drive back to Antananarivo.
Fly to Nosy Be
Day at leisure by the beach
Day at leisure.
City tour and market visit in Nosy Be famous for spices.
Fly back to Antananarivo.
City tour and fly homewards.
City tour and fly homewards.
Tour code: #JBV05
Departure: Any day
Ease of access: medium
Period: All year round
- Domestic flights
Accommodation: Hotels, Lodges
City of departure: Tana