The Jungle-Beach vacation
12 days / 11 nights
Where the rainforest meets the Ocean.
A trip combining an exploration of the Malagasy jungle and its wonderful beaches, either by the Mozambique Channel or the Indian Ocean side. This is a flexible and customizable trip.
You will start by a wildlife safari at the Andasibe-Périnet – a compulsory stage for all wildlife lovers. It is an exploratory journey inside this biodiversity hotspot. You will encounter several species of endemic animals including the largest of all lemurs called Indri.
Then, you will get deeper in into the equatorial primary rainforest and three marine reserves of the Masoala region. This is the largest protected area of Madagascar and one of the top five hotspots for biodiversity in the world. This rich but fragile marine and terrestrial ecosystem is worth a real exploration.
Masoala National Park is almost the heart of the Malagasy rainforest and classified a world heritage by the UNESCO.
One should also know that Masoala itself has an extraordinary beach at the Marine Reserve of Tampolo. A real unspoilt and turquoise sea surrounded by the forest at the back side and the corral reefs at the front side. One can easily spend days in the quiet part of the world.
One can chose either to stay at Masoala or head to the other side of Madagascar – where it is drier and warmer. We would propose the following places:
– Nosy Be Island – by the Mozambique Channel
– Sainte Marie Island – by the Indian Ocean
– Anjajavy Island – by the Mozambique Channel
– Nosy Saba Island – by the Mozambique Channel
- Day 1 : Antananarivo
- Day 2 : Antananarivo – Périnet/Andasibe
- Day 3 : Périnet-Andasibe
- Day 4 : Andasibe – Antananarivo
- Day 5 : Antananarivo – Maroantsetra – Masoala
- Day 6 – 7 : Masoala National Park
- Day 8 : Masoala – Maroantsetra – Antananarivo
- Day 9 : Antananarivo – Beach
- Day 10 : Beach
- Day 11 : Beach
- Day 12 : Beach – Antananarivo – Fly out
Deep rainforest, dry and dense deciduous rainforest, landscapes, seascapes, culture, lemurs, birds, reptiles, vanilla plantations, beaches holidays.
- wildlife safari
- botanical exploration
- nocturnal walks
- vanilla beans processing
- cultural immersion
- Possibility of diving
Tour code: #JBV002